Seed & Nut Bread
We love making this bread at the start of the week as it's such a filling snack or breakfast! It's also a completely zero-waste recipe. All of the ingredients can be bought from a bulk food store. Grab your produce bags and jars and get shopping!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 psyllium hisks
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1/4 olive oil, hemp seed oil or coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Mix the psyllium husks, cooked quinoa and chia seeds in a bowl with the water.
- Leave to soak for 15 minutes
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine
- Press firmly into a lightly greased 11cm x 21cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cook for 1 hour 30 minute
- Set aside to cool before slicing