Oat Milk Recipe
Non-dairy milk has never been more popular, however, did you know that almond milk is not as sustainable as we think? It takes 55 liters of water to make just 16 almonds.
Additionally, a lot of packaged plant-based milk we buy at the supermarket carry a lot of hidden nasties such as sugar, oil, gums, and preservatives.
So why not try making your own? We've got the perfect oat milk recipe for you to try at home. Made from only 2 ingredients, it doesn't only taste delicious but it will save you a ton of money!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3-4 cups, water (750ml-1L) depending on how thick you like your milk
1. Pour oats into a heatproof bowl and cover with water
2. Soak oats overnight or in hot water for 30 minutes
3. Blend the oats with water for a few seconds
4. Strain with a cheesecloth or a nut milk bag
5. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days OR in Reusable Silicone Ziplock bags if you want to store It in the freezer
- Milk will last up to 5 days in the fridge and 6 months in the freezer
- Leftover oat pulp can be used in smoothies for extra fiber or freeze to make oat cookies
- Shake well before using
Hint: You can also add dates, vanilla or cinnamon depending on what you're using it for